Am I Still Able to Get the Dermapen Even Though I Have Silicone Cheek Implants?

+1

I perform may Cheek Augmentations with Cheek Implants and I would ask my patients not to have the Dermapen micro needle treatments for six months following the Cheek Implant placement.  At 6 months, the cheek should be fully healed.  The Dermapen needle won't penetrate to the depth of the cheek implant however, the movement of the skin and tissues over the cheek implant is to be avoided until the cheeks are completely healed, which typically occurs at 6 monts post op.  

Dermapen and Cheek Implants

+1

Thanks for asking the question.  You should be safe having Dermapen treatments after cheek implants.  It is highly unlikely that the Dermapen will penetrate anywhere near the depth of the implants.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Skin Treatments Safe With Cheek Implants

+1

Dermapen is a skin treatment while cheek implants are down at the bone level. Any type of skin treatments will not adversely affect a facial bone implant.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Safe To Proceed

+1
Dermapen and Other fractional resurfacing are safe after cheek implants.   The treatments are at different tissue levels and will not affect the implants.  Good luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon