Should I Still Have Tenderness in my Upper and Lower Abs 2 Weeks Post Op Smart Lipo ?

I am 2 weeks post op smart lipo of upper and lower abs as well as both inner knees. I still have quite a bit of tenderness in my abs and one little hard "lump" in the left area of my upper ab. Is all of this normal. I want to start back to my 1 mile a day walking routine next wek and am not sure if this will harm,help or not matter in my tenderness lessening.

Tenderness Following Smarlipo

+1

It is not unusual to experience tenderness 2 weeks post op Smartlipo. You will continue to see improvement in contour as well as reduction in swelling and tenderness over the next several months. Skin tightening typically peaks at about 6 months and continues for up to 12 months. Regarding exercise, I have my patients slowly increase their activity level beginning at about 2 weeks. Wearing a support garment will help you feel more comfortable as you advance your activity level. Good luck.

Smartlipo soreness

+1

Tenderness of the abdomen two weeks post-op is normal. Please be patient with your results, in just a few weeks you will notice the contouring of your abs. Good luck with healing!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liposuction and tenderness

+1

Yes, soreness after liposuction is normal. This may persist for several weeks and sometimes a few months.

Should I Still Have Tenderness in my Upper and Lower Abs 2 Weeks Post Op Smart Lipo

+1

Sounds a bit unusual but it depends upon the type of SmartLipo unit used, the amount of energy delivered. and any other issues not posted.