How Do I Know if I'm Still Swollen?

I am 3.5 weeks post-op from a breast augmentation and liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs. I'm hoping for some reassurance that I am still experiencing swelling and that I am NOT at my final result! While I notice an improvement in my body contour I was hoping for a more definite change given the expense and amount of discomfort endured! At this point are the changes only incremental going forward or could it still be significant? I believe my PS removed 2 liters. Thanks!

Liposuction at 3.5 Weeks

+1

Liposuction results may not be realized for up to 6 months.  The greater the volume of lipoaspirate, the longer the period of swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling After Lipo Can Be Prolonged.

+1
It is not abnormal to have swelling 3.5 weeks after liposuction of the trunk.  Depending on the technique used, how much was removed and what areas were treated together this period can last for up to several months.  Rest assured that you are not yet seeing your final results and each week will bring further improvement.  Best wishes!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon