Still Swollen Eyelids After Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

I had a eye surgery 7 months ago because I had an lazy eye.. my eyes are still swollen and the doctor who did the surgery doesn't know why they're still swollen. But I want to get rid of it because people say so many nasty thing to me now that I'm afraid to go to school..

Swollen Eyes after Eyelid Surgery

+1

Swollen eyes after eyelid surgery for 7 months is difficult to evaluate from the pictures provided.  Swelling may persist for several months after surgery, but 7 months is a long time.

Swollen eyelids 7 months after surgery??

+1

Based on your photos and information given, I suggest you seek a second opinion.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Still Swollen Eyelids After Eyelid Surgery?

+1

Dear mannysantos:

Having persistent eyelids swelling 7 months after the surgery is a cause of concern especially that it affects you in a way that you do not want to be noticed by your friends in school. If your surgeon does not know why you still have persistent swelling, he may consider getting another opinion. Looking at the pictures which you have provided, it is difficult to appreciate the details of the swelling. Nevertheless, I am sure that you have significant concern which needs to be addressed by your eye doctor.

Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon