Still I Have Swelling at Tip of Nose After 2-3 Week of Rhinoplasty Procedure? (photo)

?Iam Not Comfotable at Work Beacuse of That. Body type: Slim age: 24 year weight: 48kg skin type: Medium Sex: Female

Spot On

+2

Dr. Yu, Dr. Clevens and Dr. Wallach are spot on regarding your current condition.  It is a joy to view a successful rhinoplasty result.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 2-3 weeks post surgery, your swelling is very normal. You will have to be a little more patient and let nature take its course before the swelling subsides.

Usually, swelling persists for a while even barely undetected as it takes about 12 months post surgery for the final results to get established after a rhinoplasty.

Based on the before photo you have provided, it seems that you do not have a thick nasal skin and so your recovery pace is relatively quicker than the patients' with thick and oily nasal skin.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Swollen nose

+1

Of course you are still swollen.  It takes 12-18 months for the swelling to go away and even out.   From what I can see you look great for 3 weeks post op.  Your surgeon seems to have done a very nice job retrodisplacing your tip and taking down the large hump.  Just be patient; you will like what you have .

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still I Have Swelling at Tip of Nose After 2-3 Week of Rhinoplasty Procedure?

+1

WOW! great early result. And you are complaining about some minor swelling? It takes months to obtain full healing and you look great so early. Maybe you need an in person discussion with your chosen surgeon so you can better understand how fortunate you are for this GREAT early result! 

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Well, from the profile it looks like your surgeon hit a home run!  Swelling will dissipate over the next few months, and will only get better with time. Give it a year.

It's too early to worry

+1

I whole heartedly agree with the remarks of Dr. Yu (above). You are early in the healing process. It is common to have swelling after nasal surgery. It will take up to one year for all of your swelling to resolve. You look great. Be patient and time will likely resolve your concerns.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early nasal swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Your profile shows an excellent early result after surgery.  Your surgeon should be commended....do not look too closely at things like swelling at the tip.   It may take up to a year for that area to soften.  Be patient.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon