Do I still have swelling 3 months post complete tummy tuck? Why do I have love handles and a fat roll under my breasts?

I had a complete tummy tuck 3 months ago. My surgeon is telling me that i'm still swollen on certain visits and other visits he tells me its better. I'm not happy with the results at all I feel like I should had just stayed the was I was. I paid 9,000 and when I try to discuss anything he just tells me give it time. I don't think it will change anymore. I hope you can help

Post op swelling

+1

Three months out you are likely still swollen. Your love handles and fat rolls under the breasts would not be addressed by a tummy tuck unless lipo was specifically also done to those areas.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy With Early Tummy Tuck Results

+1

While more time may not make a dramatic difference in your tummy tuck result, you need to give it a full 6 months before contemplating any revisions or changes to it. This is what your surgeon is really telling you. In addition a tummy tuck would never have changed significantly any fat rolls under your breasts or have gotten rid of love handles...unless they were concurrently treated with liposuction at the same time.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Do I still have swelling 3 months post complete tummy tuck?

+1

It usually takes from 6 to 12 months for all the swelling to resolve after tummy tuck. Without photos it is really not possible to offer any more specific comments. Please consider reposting your question with photos from before surgery and current ones.

All the best.