Should I Still Have Swelling in Calves 4 Months After Liposuction?

I had liposuction of the calves and ankles 4 months ago. I wore compression stockings day and night for 2 months but now only wear them during the day. When I remove the stockings at night my calves look nice and thin. However if I leave the stockings off for more than a couple of hours during the day my calves look really big and measure about an inch more around. Could this still be swelling after 4 months or could it be that the stockings are just temporarily shrinking my calves?

Long-Term Swelling Resolution In Calf and Ankle Liposuction

+1

The simple answer is ...absolutely. Liposuction of the calves and ankles takes the longest for swelling to go away of anywhere on the body, often as long as 6 months or more. You are experiencing exactly what occurs with daytime dependent swelling, good in the morning and swollen again by the end of the day. It takes a long time for the lymphatic channels to re-establish normal outflow. While 'Cankle' liposuction can produce very good results, it does involve a long course of recurrent swelling for some patients.