Still Swelling on Bridge After Fascia Grafting After First Time Rhinoplasty 7 Months Ago?

I am of Asian origin. I wanted a slightly upturned tip. I did not want a higher bridge at all. My surgeon told me he only used fascia, but also on the bridge. As a result for a few months after surgery my bridge was very high! Now 7 months after it is better but still higher than before and the tip still looks HUGE! The fascia graft still feels spongy sometimes and I can still feel the graft (soft) on radix betw eyes. Will it go down!!!??? was graft on bridge necessary?! "Hopeful"

Rhinoplasty Using Fascia

+1

Dear Elisa,

Using fascia to augment nasal areas require more recovery time than other grafts and so since you have noted difference with time so far for the better, I recommend that you be patient and try not to assess your results before 12-14 months post-op.

That being said, it is imperative that you communicate with your surgeon and follow his/her instructions religiously.

The best of luck to you.

Thank you for your post.

Dr. Sajjadian

Hopeful Help

+1

Tinkering with Grafted Rhinoplasty procedures before truly waiting 12 months may not be a wise decision.  Therefore, after another 5 months, consider your many options with your surgeon at that time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling on Briddge after Fascia Graft

+1

When using fascia to augment the nose we typically over correct by about 25%. The fullness and swelling does take longer to resolve with this type of graft. I would wait another 6 months before making any decisions.

Fascia graft with rhinoplasty.

+1

Though the swelling may be gone I would wait the full year before doing anything.  If at one year it is too high then try the Kenalog. 

Fascia Grafting

+1

Hi,

You could try to inject the fasial graft with kenelog at the naso-frontal angle and the tip.If that doesnt work, then a revision rhinoplasty and removing the graft and scar tissue that may have accumulated.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Fascia graft too high

+1

Generally by 6 months the fascia graft is where its going to be and little change is expected. Your surgeon knows your desires, your anatomy , and your procedure. He is the one you must ask this question

Richard Ellenbogen, MD