Still Swelling After 25 Months?

Hi, I am a 52 year old caucasion woman and I had nose surgery 25months ago, I had surgery to take off the bump from the bridge of my nose and it was an open Rhinoplasty. I have heard that it can take more than two years to get the finished product. Is that true? My nose does not look defined on the tip at all and I HAD a small, defined nose before it was broken and before the surgery but now it looks big on the tip especially when I smile. Is this natural?

Rhinoplasty results take 6 to 12 months for the swelling to go down.

+2

Rhinoplasty results take 6 to 12 months for the swelling to go down. Therefore, you are healed now. If you are unhappy with the result see your surgeon or get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+2

Swelling at 25 months post surgery is not very common. Most surgical swelling is dissipated in the first year and with some cases taking a bit longer depending on the skin type and circumstances. Your photograph is not at a good angle to further discuss your other concerns. If you would like to post some other photographs either to realself or to my website or email listed below I will be happy to provide further expert opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Tip after surgery

+1
No further swelling should be a factor for your.  It is very difficult to tell what is going on from just an oblique photo.  if you could provide an AP and lateral and basal view, it would help. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Most patients, depending on skin thickness, complexity, and whether they're having primary or revision surgery, may take up to 24 months or longer to get the final results. I generally use 24 months as the time to really reassess and see if we can improve the outcome with further surgery. Please speak to your rhinoplasty expert or seek a second opinion about your swelling after rhinoplasty.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

2 years after Rhinoplasty Swelling Should Have Resolved

+1

2 years after rhinoplasty the swelling should have resolved.  If the tip is drooping or widening with smile, nasal depressor septi muscle release can be performed.  You probably need the tip elevated as well.

Still Swelling After 25 Months?

+1

The picture is not good enough, some time the patient has more swelling, some time has difficult to assumes the operations, please, consult your surgeon. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Typically swelling can last twelve months and perhaps up to 18 months. That being said if you are not satisfied with your appearance, I would address those concerns with your treating physician.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative appearance 25 months after rhinoplasty

+1

At this point, 2 years after surgery, there should not be any significant postoperative swelling. Any persistent issues and concerns with the shape of your nose should be addressed with your plastic surgeon.

Thanks for your question and photo. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Swellling at 25 months afte rhinoplasty?

+1

Noses are not usually swollen after 25 months after surgery. Can't really comment on the specifics sicne the photos is not the best. Bestt ot be seen in person to review your issues.

Post rhinoplasty swelling?

+1

Hi there,

I doubt the appearance you see is due to swelling.  It's hard to make any real comment about your nose due to the angle of your posted photo.  I suggest to post some better angles - front, oblique and side, non smiling - and it will be better to comment upon.

If not pleased with the shape, the best overall advice is to make a follow up appointment with your surgeon and have a discussion about your concerns.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon