Still Swelling at 16 Weeks Post TT, is that Normal??

At 3 weeks my upper and lower abdomen were flat and I had very little swelling. At six weeks I started to swell in the upper abdomen and now at 16 weeks my waist is almost 3 inches larger then before sugery. Fluid was ruled out with an ultra sound. She said I just have to be patient and wait for the swelling to reside and wear my garment. I am just concerned and wanted to know if there could be other reasons I am swelling. I had muscle tightening and Lipo with my TT.

Swelling vs pseudobursa

+1

It is certainly possible that you continue to have swelling.  You can moderate this by wearing some form of compression garment although time alone should help resolve it.  There is a chance that a pseudobursa could be present if you have a seroma early on in your healing process.  If you did not then a pseudobursa is less likely.  I have attached a link from my blog about  pseudobursa if you want to learn more but it does not sound like that is really the case.

Dr Repta

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Although unusual, I have had patients undergo similar prolonged periods of swelling after their tummy tuck surgery. The swelling is in the subcutaneous tissues and takes several months to resolve.

I am glad that you have had an ultrasound to rule out abnormal fluid accumulation. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon. As long as abnormal fluid accumulation and disruption of the muscle repair have been ruled out you will start to see gradual improvement over the course of several months.