Still Suffering from Big Nose Tip 3 Years After Open Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty and repair of my deviated septum...it was a very hard one but still i wasnt satisfied with the nose tip,it was too big,the surgeon said swelling is unavoidable and so i waited 3 year and still i didnt like my nose tip there is no symetrie, because there was harder work on the right part of my nose i was worried of revision but now im determined to know if i should do it? is there a chance that i wud make the symetrie worse since hes only gonna work on one half of my nose?

Still Suffering from Big Nose Tip 3 Years After Open Rhinoplasty?

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You certainly could benefit from a revision rhinoplasty to the tip especially.  The cartilages need to be thinned substantially.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Do not understand the THREE years wait??? Seek in person opinions from rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. 

TIp refinement

It is always helpful to see your original pre-ops and then from there review your op note.  It is quite possible to refine the tip some more.

I think that refinement of the tip should be given priority in the revision.  The tip can be elevated as well and the dorsal aesthetic line can be improved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA