Still Too Small AFTER Surgery What Do I Do???

im very unhappy I went in as barely an A cup and now basically a full A/B I didnt want that for the insane ammount this cost I am completely anxiety crazy im not ok with this expensive tiny chest!I doht have another 5grand to fix this!

Breast Implant Size Misunderstanding

+1

Regardless of what a picture of your result would show, it is clear that there has been a significant miscommunication about the desired breast size result. Based on your description of being a full A/small B after surgery, it appears there has been more than just a minor misunderstanding. Your best recourse is to revisit this issue with your original surgeon as he/she is in the best position to see what can now be done with the economics of additional surgery to get you to your breast size goal.

Pick implant size before surgery

+1

There is no perfect way to select implant size to make sure that you will be happy in the long run. Similarly, the cup size system is not really adequate to describe breast size. We spend quite a bit of time having the patient try on implant sizers before surgery and specifically no cup size promise. So the resolution of your concern will depend on how the determination of implant size was made.

Richard Baxter, MD

Unhappy with size after Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry your aren't happy....

Unfortunately, patient satisfaction with size is one of the more common complications nationally after breast augmentation, and its correction (because it requires surgery) can be expensive. 

Some surgeons approach this problem differently than others, and so it is difficult to say what your surgeon may be comfortable with. If the appropriate time has passed for settlement and for swelling to subside (3-4 months), I would discuss this in an open, honest, and respectful manner with your surgeon. 

I'm sure he wants you to be happy.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation issues

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your final result.  You should speak with your surgeon regarding exchange ot a larger size. I spend alot of time with patients pre-op to try to figure out exactly what they want for this very reason.

Inadequate breast augmentation

+1
Without a photo, it is impossible to evaluate your complaint. It is also important to understand what dialogue you and your plastic surgeon engaged in prior to the surgery, whether there were limiting factors, such as the width of your chest or tightness of the skin which could have precluded a larger implant, etc. If your chest was very, very flat, it is possible that there was a limit to what the plastic surgeon could have accomplished in an initial augmentation. If you remain dissatisfied, definitely communicate with your plastic surgeon and determine how much time should elapse prior to a second augment, what could be achieved by such an operation and whether the cost would be reduced. Good luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Too small after breast augmentation

+1

Too small or too large after breast augmentation is poor communication about the desired goal. The 'fix' can be expensive and it pays to be clear with discussions and photos ahead to get the look you are after. Some surgeons will replace implants for a significantly reduced fee so you might ask.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Too small

+1

Every plastic surgeon has a different approach. I tell my patient that of they are unhappy with the size within one year, I will replace the implants for the cost of, anesthesia, the implants and an or fee only. Talk to your doctor.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Too Small after Breast Augmentation

+1

it is not clear how long ago you had your surgery. I generally suggest waiting 3 to 6 months after surgery before judging the final results.

If at that point you still feel that you are too small I would suggest calm,  nonaccusatory communication with your plastic surgeon.  Most plastic surgeons will do everything they can to make sure they end up with happy patients.

If revisionary surgery is decided upon it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.