Is This Still Skin Left After my Tt W/o Lipo? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op, and i feel i have lots of skin still, and dog ears and my belly looks big. Help me please, i feel so depress.

5 Weeks Post Op

+1

5 weeks post op is still too early to be judging your results as you will still have some residual swelling.  It is important to remember that even though most of your swelling should be resolved by the 8th week mark, it could take up to one full year to see your final results.  Be sure to attend all of your post operative appointments and to continue to follow all your post operative instructions set out by your surgeon.

Post TT results

+1

Hello

Thank you for the pictures, It would be more informative if you posted a side photo for the post operative results.

However, I have to echo the same thing have been said, the results are very satisfying for the mean time. The other important issue here, that abdominal wall is a bit edematous and those fluids can be helped out with few sessions of physiotherapy or external lymphatic drainage machines.

Please enjoy the results, Its so promising.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Feeling big after tummy tuck

+1

I think you have an acceptable result after your procedure.  

You are still very early in the healing phase and will continue to see improvement over the next 6 months. You should compare your postop photos carefully to your preop photos and see that you have a significant improvement.   Remember, surgery cannot replace mother nature.   Realistic expectations are very important to establish early.  

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

5 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

At five weeks after a tummy tuck you will still be swollen.  Your results look very good. You can not expect to have no residual skin laxity, or else you probably would not be able to stand up straight.

+1

Are you sure you have realistic expectations??? The photos YOU posted appear as an excellent early result! Maybe best to see your chosen surgeon to discuss these issues with him/her ONLY in person. Best of luck

No loose skin but you have swelling that will go down

+1

It looks like there was quite a bit of loose skin that was removed.  Good for you!  I don't see any more loose skin from the photos.  You are only 5 weeks out and there will be most definitely swelling that will continue to go down over the next 6 months.  Enjoy your new tummy :)

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

He

+1

There is no excess skin, you have GREAT RESULTS. You are still swollen it’s only going to get better. It takes 6-9 months for the swelling to subside. In regard to your plastic surgery it looks amazing, you should see your doctor and let him know how your feeling.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Excess skin after tummy tuck

+1
I do not see excess skin or dogears in your photos. You have an excellent result. You are still healing. If you didn't have the amount of skin present in the photos, you would not be able to bend over or sit comfortably. I think your doctor has done an excellent procedure; if you have concerns, these should be raised with him and if you are depressed, it may be wise to seek mental health counseling. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Extra Skin After My Tummy Tuck

+1

While it is not possible to give you a complete answer without an examination, from your before and after photos, it appears that there is very little "extra"skin left after your surgery and very little evidence of dog ears.  While it is early in the healing process, it appears that you are well on the way to an excellent result.  Please discuss your worries with your plastic surgeon who can help you through this difficult transition time.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Is This Still Skin Left After my Tt W/o Lipo?

+1

Hopefully there is skin left after your tummy tuck. From what I see in the photos, there is no excess skin, and there is quite a dramatic improvement from the pre-ops. Without a side view I could not comment on the size of your abdomen, but I would be surprised if it too isn't dramatically better. 

If there are dog-ears, they are not visible on the photos. 

I feel that you seem to have an excellent result. If they don't match your expectations, you need to have a discussion with your surgeon.