Why Do I Still Have a Saggy Bag Under my Eye? Fat Transfer Was 1 Yr Ago?

My surgeon did an under eye surgery to try and correct the problem...It still exists. Now I am nervous to go back. What can be done to fix this?

Bag under eyes after fat graft

+1

The answer to this can be many. I would need a good frontal photo and a goodfrontal photo looking up to properly evaluate if it is the fat or orbiital fat

Photos would be helpful

+1

There can be a variety of reasons why there is still "bagginess" underneath the eyes. Unless we know exactly what your preop photos look like, what the exact surgery was [just fat grafting or eyelid surgery as well], its not possible to give you an accurate recommendation.

However, if it is in fact fat that hasn't gone away, it is by now permanent. Options to address it is steroid injections [in minor cases] with massage, versus surgery to actually remove fat.

Please consider posting photos and obtaining an second opinion. Make sure you take photos for this consultation.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon