Is It Just Me or Do I Still Look Saggy? (photo)

I had a breast lift (full anchor) with saline implants under the muscle almost 2 months ago and still feel like they are saggy. I guess I was hoping for my nipple to be in a higher position and had requested that. I know they are definitely much better than what I had previously so I do feel much better about my appearance but was wondering what your opinion was? And at this point what would my options be? Is it just me? Thanks in advance

Avoid Wise technique

+2

Unfortunately, you had breast augmentation and a Wise pattern lift.  The boat anchor shaped incision did not elevate your breast high enough on the chest wall.  Also, your implant did not produce upper breast fullness but had descent resulting in saggy appearance.  Unfortunately, you have not provided pre-operative photographs.  However, you may be a candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes the anterior projection without the use of an implant.  Since you have already had the Wise pattern technique, it is likely that you have nipple numbness already.  Your breasts look saggy because of the technique.  It is for these reasons that I have not used the Wise pattern for approximately 20 years.       

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Post op mastopexy

+1

It all depends on how large you want to be. Personally I think you are much too large. In your case I would relict your breasts and probably remove the implants altogether, but you would need a to wait until about 6 months after your first operation.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Current photos do not suggest nipple ptosis

+1

A good set of standardized pre an post operative photos is necessary to provide an objective opinion on the results of your surgery.  Presently, your photo does not indicate breast sagging and the nipples appears to be in acceptable positions.  However, your breasts remain large with significant risk of recurrent sagging in the future.  If your original goals where to smaller sized breasts, I might suggest downsizing your implants with possible adjustments to the areolar position. 

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Is It Just Me or Do I Still Look Saggy?

+1

The result looks quite nice. I know patients frequently think the tissues and volume can be lifted higher than we really can make happen. I spend a lot of time with patients preop to make sure they understand the limits of the procedure.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Is It Just Me or Do I Still Look Saggy?

+1

I think you have a very nice result, and I would not try to offer a revision.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The bottom of the areola should rest on the line at the level of the infra mammary fold.

+1

If the bottom of the areola is above the infra mammary fold line in the distance from the areola to the infra mammary crease is six or 7 cm, technically you do not have ptosis of the breasts.

+1

Impossible to respond without a before photo posted!!! Your result appears very acceptable. Best to determine the sternal notch to nipple measurement in cm. If over 24 cm than additional minor lifting could be done! 

Is It Just Me or Do I Still Look Saggy?

+1

There are several ways surgeons use to plan nipple/areolar position. One is a measurement from the top of the sternum (breast bone), and the norm is 20 to 22 cm, or 8 to 9 inches. But this can vary with height, and the position of the breast on the chest wall. 

Therefore the usual standard is to have the bottom of the areola even with or slightly above the breast fold. Without a side view, I can't tell where the fold is, but I suspect the areolar position is ok by that standard, and it looks ok to me, although obviously not to you.

It will be possible to revise the lift, but I would wait several months for the implants to settle, to be certain that nothing else needs a touch up at the same time.

Show your surgeon where you think the nipple and areola belong to help with planning. If your surgeon thinks that is too high, listen to the advice!

All the best. 

Sagging breasts

+1

According to your photos, you have large breasts. At that size, gravity will cause them to sag no matter how many times the breasts are lifted. If your wish to be higher, you will need smaller breasts, smaller implants.  Otherwise, enjoy your new look.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Result after a breast lift / augmentation

+1

Your result looks good for 2 months post op.  It is possible that your nipples are a little low but this may change over time.  All in all you are healing well and should be satisfied with a nice result.