Still a Little Redness After 7 Months (Laser Mole Removal on Cheek)?

I had laser mole removal done on my cheek about last August (2012) and now it is May (2013) and there is still a little redness (noticeable) on my cheek. When will the redness be fully gone back to my flesh tone? Is the sun delaying the healing process since it is on my cheek?

Post Mole Removal Redness

+1

Thank you for your question. The redness might be due to some broken capillaries and can be treated with an IPL. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. It's always advisable to avoid sun exposure and wear daily SPF 30 with zinc. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Mole Removal and pulsed dye laser for redness

+1

After mole removal, you may need a vascular pulsed dye laser to reduce the redness on the skin. The laser is easily performed. Raffy Karamanoukian MD, Los Angeles

Persistent redness after laser mole removal

+1

I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. There are many ways to surgically remove a mole with a minimal scar and have tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that it was benign. Using a laser to improve the appearance of a mole will alter its look and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/wart-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.