Will I Still Get Optimal Results from 2 CoolSculpting Treatments if They Were Done 5 Weeks Apart?

I had 2 CoolSculpting treatments done on my love handles. My doctor said to come back after 5 weeks for the second treatment and I just had it done a few days ago. Was that too soon to get the optimal results from the treatment? I've read that you should wait at least 2 months?

Coolsculpting for fat loss is repeated every four to six weeks in our NYC practice

+1

Although there are different protocols that different practices use, for more than one year, my practice in NYC has repeated the CoolSculpting, as frequently as every four to six weeks. We have noted better end results than waiting for four months to peform the second treatment.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Be patient

+1
Most experts recommend waiting two months between treatments, because it really can take some time to see the result.
If you treat too early, you run the risk of over-treating an area that would have been just fine had you waited a little longer.
 If your love handles are large, and you know from the start that you are going to need multiple treatments - that's a different situation.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Time between repeat Coolsculpting treatments

+1

In our practice we wait 2 months prior to repeating any treatment with Coolscultping though I have heard of those doing it sooner. We have been doing Coolsculpting for over 2 years and like to see what it looks like at 2 mos before another treatment applied.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Optimum timing between Coolsculpting is two months

+1
I would encourage you to wait at least two months in between treatments.  You don't see the full results of the treatment for two to four months.  Since it sounds like you need two treatments, I would definitely wait a few months to see the results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting for fat removal

+1

It can take as long as ten weeks to begin seeing results from CoolSculpting. However, it may take some people more than 1 session to achieve the desired result. For qualified patients in a hurry to have the best result possible there is no reason you can't receive a second treatment soon after your initial treatment. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon