I'm Still Numb After a Tummy Tuck! Of Late I Have Had Tingling Vibrating Surges on my Left Side. Is This Due to Nerve Damage?

My tummy tuck was 9 months ago

Nerves are by definition released during a tummy tuck

+1

During a standard tummy tuck many small nerves and vessels are released to allow the tummy tuck to be performed.  All of the tissue that is removed is disconnected from these nerves and vessels.  Numbness and tingling are part of the tummy tuck recovery process.

All the best

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Sensory changes after tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tuck damages many skin nerves in the process- not a complication, an unfortunate byproduct (many incisions will lead to numbness) the strange sensations you describe are called paresthesias, and herald return of sensation, which may take up to two years, and may not return completely.

Numbness following tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for the question. It's normal to have temporary numbness following this type of surgery. Infact, it would be abnormal not to have some numbness in various areas of your abdomen. The tingling means the nerves are "waking back up". It can take months for all the sensation to come back. In extreme cases it can take up to 2 years for all normal sensation to return. Hope that helps. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Yes, long-term numbers of the abdominal wall skin is normal after tummy tuck surgery. Hopefully, the “tingling vibrating surges” you are experiencing may be  related to nerve regeneration. If you have specific concerns and/or significant symptoms you may want to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for more precise diagnosis/advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm