Still Lopsided After Liposuction, It's Been 2 Months, Can this be Fixed?

I need to find a revision liposuction specialist to fix my botched lipo. My surgeon scooped in one side of my waistline and left the other side straight. In fact there is fat on the "love handle" on the straight side. It is a very strange looking result. I can even FEEL the difference in the 2 sides as I'm walking around, sitting. Also there are dents on the front of my stomach....on the same side that it is scooped. Can this be fixed? I am very distraught. I started out with a smooth even waist

Lopsided liposuction

+2
Sorry that your experience to date has not been optimal. Without photos, it is impossible to address the specifics of your case but, from your description, additional liposuction should be able to even the sides. My only caveat as that you are still in the early stages of healing. I would be happy to see you in consultation but revision should be delayed until early 2012.

+1

It might be that you require both more liposuction and possibly fat grafting. Hard to say without at least seeing some photos.

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction Revision?

+1

Thank you for the question

It will be in your best interest to be examined in person by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.  additional liposuction surgery ( and now cool sculpting)  may be helpful.

Check back with your doctor and express your concerns about your liposuction results.

+1

If you were treated by a experienced expert cosmetic surgeon who has performed 100's of liposuction procedures, he/she will know what to do.  If you were treated by a non specialist with little experience, I would recommend that you get a second opinion from a respected liposuction specialist in your area. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Revision

+1

Although you may see further changes in contour for three to four months after liposuction, it sounds as if you may need a revisionary procedure. You describe a fairly stark difference from one side to the other that may be able to be improved with additional liposuction. It is hard to wait but be patient as it would be premature to consider the revision for a few more months

Leo Keegan, MD

Unhappy 2 months following liposuction

+1

Without any photos, it is impossible to provide you with very accurate commentary or recommendations regarding your situation. You must also realize that you are still fairly early in the healing process and do have inflammation present. This can take several more months for much of it to resolve.

Ultimately, if you still have deformities, these can be corrected by additional liposuction and/or fat injections depending on the issues.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Revision liposuction usually helps a lot.

+1

Hi.

1)  You don't see the final result of liposuction until after four months, but it does sound like you will not have a satisfactory result.

2)  In four months or so, you will probably need a revision.  This typically consists of a combination of touch up micro suction and selective fat transfer.  You may not get perfection, but you can usually expect major improvement.  Good luck!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction revision

+1

It is quite possible to revise liposuction asymmetries. You may need fat injections for the depressed or overresected side and further liposuctionon areas that were undertreated.

Liposuction

+1

Without seeing photos or knowing exactly what was done it is impossible to know if this can be completely or partially corrected. Presumably you can harvest fat from one side and inject it into the other using free fat graft principles to even things out a bit. It may take more than one session to do so.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD