I Still Have a Fluffy Lower Abdomen After 8 Weeks PO (Tummy Tuck) and is That Regular? (photo)

My bottom section is still really fluffy and I think the fat was stitched over and I want to know is this regular for now or is it gonna stat fluffy? My stomache is not as flat as I thought which I wasnt expecting a miracle but if I still had a great amount of fat when my skin was tighten shouldnt it had been lipo or lasered off?

Ideal abdomen usually requires two procedures

+2

In looking at your pictures I can tell you that I have many patients that still have "swelling" at 8 weeks after a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and I use foam compression and time as well as encourage a low salt diet.  I think typically I see improvements even up to 6 months after surgery.  In closely studying the photos you provided, I would conjecture that you will likely need a subsequent procedure to finalize and optimize the results I think you desire. Over "thinning" of the upper abdominal flap at the time of the tummy tuck can potentially jeopardize the vascularity and blood supply of the skin; therefore, for safety reasons, it is often not done and there is often an "imbalance" between the upper thickness of the abdomen and the areas below the incision.  After 3 months I recommend to my patients to finish it out with an abdominal sculpting (liposuction) 1 hour procedure to thin the remaining fullness and finalize the results.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Swelling 8 weeks after tummy tuck

+1
Yes, it is perfectly normal to have swelling 8 weeks after a tummy tuck, especially if you had liposuction at the same time. It's part of the normal healing process and will continue to improve over the next several weeks. Wearing a light compression garment like Spanks can be helpful, and make sure to keep your appointments with your plastic surgeon.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Dr Knoetgen

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Fluffy lower abd after TT at 8 weeks

+1

You are early in your healing. Some residual swelling and contour irregularities are normal at this stage and usually subside over the coming months.  I would not be thinking of revisions at this point as it is too early. I think you should also discussed this with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

I Still Have a Fluffy Lower Abdomen After 8 Weeks PO (Tummy Tuck) and is That Regular?

+1

Need a before photo to help. But it appears as either a poorly done surgery OR you have fluid collection or seroma. Seek second opinions i n person. 

Swelling 8 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

+1

It is not unusual to have swelling two months after a tummy tuck procedure.  The amount of swelling should be significantly smaller than in the early post-op period.  Sometimes a fluid collection (seroma) can occur this late after surgery and your doctor can assess you for this.  The swelling after a tummy tuck can take up to 3-6 months to fully subside.

Of note, based on your photos it is certainly possible that you may require a second surgical procedure to obtain the optimal result you desire.  Best wishes!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon