Can I Still Have a Flat Stomach and a V Line? (photo)

I lost 130 lbs I still have 20 lbs to lose to reach my goal but I have a little excess skin and stretch-marks and I want to know is it possible that since I'm only 19 my skin will stretch back and my stretch-marks will become less visible and if I have to have surgery what are my options and what are the bad side effects of the surgeries? I really want a healthy body I'm not looking for a six pack necessarily but I want a flat stomach

Stretch marks loose skin tummy tuck

+1

The only reliable way of improving stretch marks to date is by removing lower abdominal skin.  Serious complications are rarely associated with limited abdominoplasty.  The trade off is the pemanent scar in the belt line. further skin tightening without the large scars associated with tummy tuck may be achieved using the Cellulaze Laser

Liposuction can remove excess fat and achieve a minor skin tightening in the lower abdomen.  

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions 

Flat Stomach and Surgery

+1

I do appreciate the slight inferior bulge that concerns you.  It is very difficult to tell from the picture if this a little residual fat, skin, or both.  There may be minimal surgery that will help you, but that could only be determined with an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Abdominal look after weight loss

+1

You look great!  Congratulations on your success you should be very proud of your hard work!  Stretch marks unfortunately can not be removed.

Can I Still Have a Flat Stomach

+1

The only photo that is light enough to see anything is the front view, and I see nothing that can be improved with surgery. I see not excess skin or fat, and the abdominal muscles look fine. If there is something to see on the lateral views, better photos are needed.

Congratulations on the self-improvement!

Muscle definition after weight loss

+1

You look great in the photos. A lot of people that work out get frustrated by small amounts of fat or not perfectly behaving skin, especially after you put a lot of effort into it. There are things that seems to help, like highdef VASER, radiofrequency skin treatments, etc. However my real advice is that you should leave it alone, you look better than 99.9% of humanity, keep doing what you are doing!

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

Can I have a flat stomach?

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos.  

Congratulations on losing 130 lbs.  That is very impressive.  I really do not think that you will need any surgery at all.  Your skin will probably continue to shrink as you are 19 years old and your skin has a lot of elastic tissue present.

Again congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work.

Best of luck.

Donald M. Brown, MD

Male Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss! You have obviously worked hard, and I am sure it has taken a lot of hard work and dedication. The photos are a little unclear, but it appears that your body has recovered pretty well from the weight loss. You may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck to tighten up the lower abdominal skin and make the stretch marks less noticeable. Only an in-person exam would allow a surgeon to know that for sure with you. I suggest that when you are closing in on your goal weight you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if you should think about a mini tummy tuck.

Andrew M. Schneider, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon