Still Flat After Breast Implants?

I am 5'6 120 lbs with 200 cc saline low profile unders implanted a month ago. I look disappointingly flat. Would a small change (50 cc) make a difference?

Still Flat After Breast Implants?

+2

Based on your stated measurements, 200 cc implants, particularly low profile, are probably a little small for you...but I don't think that 50 cc would make enough of a difference OR would justify another procedure.  Depending on your frame (bra size 32 or 34 or 36) you may benefit from 275 or 300 cc, moderate plus implants (if Mentor, or the equivalent if Natrelle).  50 cc?  Probably not what I would advise.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Low profile implants

+2

200 cc low profile implants are tiny. No wonder why you feel flat. I usually use moderate plus or high profile implants.  You probably will need more volume as well.

NO.

+2

50cc difference will not help. Also, I never use low profile and would recommend using high profile implants if getting a revision. Also, make sure your surgeon uses a sizing system (such as made and sold by Mentor) and doesn't just pick the size for you.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

50ccs will make little to no change

+2

Hello. One week is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided. An increase of 50ccs would not make a noticeable difference.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Changing implant sizes

+2

If you are unhappy with your size, you need to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  Increasing the implant size by 50cc will make little to no difference. It takes at least 100cc to notice any size difference.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Saline Breast Implants too small

+2

200 cc is a small implant even for a woman of slight stature. At one month post op you could still expect a slightly better shape in the next few months if the implants are under the muscle but they will not enlarge. I suggest closer to 100 cc more if you are to have another operation. There are sizers available (not just implants) which can give you a realistic view of what to expect after another operation. Please discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon and see if another operation would be right for you.

William LoVerme, MD

50 cc Making a Difference in Breast Augmentation

+2

50 cc increase will not make a big difference.  For most women, 100 cc is the minimum amount I would recommend to justify an additional operation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

To Flat after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, your best recourse is to have a constructive conversation with your plastic surgeon. Communicate your goals carefully; the use of goal pictures may be helpful during this communication process. It may be necessary to use a different profile/volume of breast implant to achieve your goals. 50 cc will likely not make a very significant change in your breast appearance.

Exchanging 250 mL implants in place of 200 mL implants doesn't make much sense.

+2

If you think that your 200 mL implants are so small that it justifies an operation, it makes little sense to add only 50 mL or so. You need to sit down with your plastic surgeon and come to precise terms as to what you want to look like after the augmentation.

Implant size and bra size

+2

implant size and bra size

please see my previous posts.

This is a small implant.  the low profile was probably chosen based on the diameter.

50 cc may make a small difference.  but consider a shaped larger implant in gel or overfill your existing implants for more projection