Still Feel That I Have Hump on my Nose After Rhinoplasty. Swelling Or Not Enough Removal? (photo)

Hi there. I had my rhinoplasty surgery on March 10 2012- I had the hump on my bridge of my nose removed, tip lifted and had my septum lifted since it sagged down a bit... I am unhappy with my results right at the moment. I feel that I still have a parrot nose...Is this still swelling? Please help

You may require Revision Rhinoplasty to lower the bridge of your nose.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Although there is certainly swelling present in your nose, your photos suggest that you may require Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery to lower the bridge of your nose. The earliest I have performed revision rhinoplasty is 6 months post-op, but this could only be considered if you have significant resolution of your swelling. Most experts would recommend waiting a full year after your primary surgery.

You may want to get an in-person second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty specialist to help determine what might be best for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait six months to consider revision rhinoplasty.

+2

Hi.

It still early, but your profile still looks too high.  You do have improvement, though.  Time will tell whether you want to accept partial improvement or have a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hump 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

There is temporary swelling present 2 months after a rhinoplasty. However, the pictures you submitted do suggest that a revision will be necessary. Wait another 6-8 months before considering additional surgery. Share your feelings with your surgeon.

Results At 4 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos but without the before photos and the full details of your surgery, it is not possible to provide a solid opinion/assessment about the procedure.

Moreover, at 4 months after your surgery your nose is not completely healed and one cannot project what the final results would look like.

I advise you to be a little more patient and to follow your surgeon's instructions while making sure that you keep your nose safe from any possible trauma.

Usually, it takes about 12 months for the final results of a rhinoplasty to get established and if by then you see that you are completely unsatisfied with what your nose looks like then considering a revision surgery is the way to go. 

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform a corrective surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Unhappy with dorsal hump after rhinoplasty

+1

You’re still in early stages of healing. From you photos it appears that suboptimal dorsal hump and nasal refinement was performed. Since you’re not happy with your nasal profile and it is bothering you, then a revision rhinoplasty is a right procedure for you. However, you need to wait a year and find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to deliver a good result second time around. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Still Feel That I Have Hump on my Nose After Rhinoplasty. Swelling Or Not Enough Removal?

+1

It could be either or a combination of both.  You would need to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon how much of the dorsal hump was removed in order to ascertain if what you see is swelling or remaining dorsal cartilage and bone.  

IMHO, aesthetically, the chin is weak on profile, which will always make the mid face appear top heavy and the nasal dorsum appear to high.  This could have been augmented with a Chin Implant at the time of Rhinoplasty.  The columella has significant show that could be reduced making the tip appear less projected.

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1

From your picture it definitely in my opinion appears yu have a dorsal curvature. I hope it subsides but you may need a revision

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Persistent hump 2 months following rhinoplasty.

+1

Thank you for the photos.  I am sorry that things did not work out exactly as you desired.  I would agree that the majority of patients seeking rhinoplasty with a similar preoperative appearance would request a more aggressive reduction of the dorsum.  While there is still swelling present at 2 months postop, in all likelihood you will desire a revision surgery.  Computer or even hand-drawn simulation is an excellent method to precisely convey your desires to the surgeon.

Sincerely, Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

Sorry to hear you are not happy. While you may eventually require a revision, at this time there appears to be a lot of swelling and you have to give it about a full year to allow the swelling to dissipate.

Nose still looks to high after Rhino?

+1

I would recommend that you share your concerns with your surgeon, you will have swelling for months after a rhinoplasty, but your post-op pictures still show a full profile. Discuss it with your surgeon and be patient, do not rush into a second surgery.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon