Will I Still Drop and Fluff if I Wear an Underwire 20 Days Post Op (photo)

I got 600cc sublglandular implants. My ps said I could start wearing an underwire bra. I got an areola reduction also. I breastfed two kids, he said I did not need the lollipop lift and the implant should fill up the deflated breasts. I think my implants are still a little high. Maybe they just need to settle and fluff. Will the underwire bra interfere with this?

Post Operative Drop

+3

Thank you for the question and the photo. Judging from the picture provided, it would appear as though your implants are on good position. The fact that you have had such large implants placed means that you will require good support to avoid sagging precociously secondarily to the weight. Your surgeon's advice appears to be appropriate. Best wishes.

When to wear bra?

+2
Dear Lily, I have my patients wear a bra once we are happy with the position of the implants. I think your implants are in an excellent position and I would encourage you to start wearing a bra now as well. As to an underwire bra, since you had an areolar reduction, I assume the augmentation was performed through the areola, thus there should be no problem with an underwire bra as there is no incision under the breast. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will I Still Drop and Fluff if I Wear an Underwire 20 Days Post Op

+2

Appears as a very very good early result. Ask your chosen surgeon about use of underwire bras. In my practice I recommend at least 6 weeks before use underwires. 

Underwire Bra 20 Days after Breast Augmentation

+2

Wearing an underwire bra this early after breast augmentation with only a periareolar incision may be fine.  The implants look to be in appropriate position.  I would ask your plastic surgeon about your specific concern.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

These look well positioned--even and not too high at all.Implants this large will contribute to premature sagging, and wearing a good supportive bra will help alleviate that issue. Your surgeon's advice seems reasonable.

All the best. 

600 cc Breast Implant recovery

+2

Thank you for your question about your 600 cc breast implant recovery. 

• The photo shows a nice result, with symmetric and well-positioned implants.
  • In the photo, they do not look too high.
  • Large sublgandular breasts implants will make your breasts droop.
  • So wear a supportive bra except at night.
  • Underwire bras may be uncomfortable. Otherwise they should not interfere with your breast position. Sports bras will give you more support.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Follow Your Surgeon's Advice Regarding Underwire Bra After Breast Augmentation

+1
Underwire bras can cause unnecessary complications. These complications include irritation caused by the wire rubbing against the skin (something that you may not notice due to possible numbness). The underwire is often improperly shaped and provides inadequate support of the breast shortly after surgery as well.

You should follow your surgeon's advice, but I usually ask patients to avoid underwire bras until about two months after surgery.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant and underwire bra

+1

From the photos, it looks like your implants are in good position. As for an underwire bra, if your surgeon says it is OK then you can go ahead and wear one.

Use of Bra after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Always best to run these types of questions/concerns by your own plastic surgeon; remember that you chose him/her for good reasons and that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. You'll likely receive a variety of online opinions, none of which can be as precise or relevant as what you hear directly from your plastic surgeon.

Underwire bras and breast augmentation

+1

All of my patients wear a specific fit underwire bra for 3 months after surgery.  It really minimizes the risk of implant bottoming out.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS