I'm Still Depressed After my Rhinoplasty, When Will I Feel Better?

I heard that being depressed after a rhinoplasty is a normal feeling but that it usually goes away in a few days. I am a month and a half post op and I'm still feeling depressed about it. I wish i never did it. I lost my self-esteem and don't feel like the self i was before. The nose job is not botched or bad. I just miss my old look. Will i ever get out of this depression?

Depression after Aesthetically Successful Rhinoplasty

+2

Depression after appearance changing cosmetic surgery is not uncommon, but your experience seems to be more severe than most. Ask your surgeon for a referral to a  psychologist or psychiatrist for counseling so you can correct any underlying problems and adjust to your new nose

Depression after cosmetic surgery

+2

It is not unusual to feel depressed after cosmetic surgery -- especially during the early recovery when you are still very sore and have not completed your recovery.

This far after surgery, however, feeling depressed is not normal and you should seek the help of a qualified professional to help you regain your self-esteem.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Not sure but that's not tpical after a Rhinoplasty and IMHO, you should seek professional guidance to treat your depression.  Ask your Rhinoplasy Surgeon or GP for a referral.  Feel better.

Depression after Rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear about this. It is possible that an underlying psychological issue was misplaced on your procedure, and now that the procedure is over, the emotional component has not been addressed. I suggest you talk to a psychologist and discuss further.

Bets of luck

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon