Why Do I Still Have a Crease 6 Months After Vaser Liposuction ? What Can Be Done to Correct This? (photo)

I had vaser lipo on my abdomen and flanks 6 months ago. Everything went well until during the healing phase I noticed I had a crease above my belly button. 1 month post op and I contacted the surgeon and he thought everything was ok. However 6 months have now elapsed and the crease/fold/depression line is still there. Could this be due to the compression garment which seemed to fold in the same fashion or is it because of uneven removal of fat ? What should I do ?

Why Do I Still Have a Crease 6 Months After Vaser Liposuction ? What Can Be Done to Correct This?

+1

I am not sure anything wrong was done in this situation.  If there is additional skin, skin removal will be indicated.  If there is additional fat around that area, liposuction with freeing of the area could be performed.  Fat grafting may or may not be indicated.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Vaser helpful in contouring

+1

Thanks for your question. The pics are dark and hard to evaluate. I'm not sure if your garment contributed to this, but that is a possibility. If any effort was made to "define" the abdomen then that could have been over resected and scarred down. Your plastic surgeon will have evaluate this with you. Best of Luck!

+1

Very hard to see the issue in your posted photos. Causes are garment compression, fat remove;, scarring or al;l in combination. My treatment riggotomies with fat grafting. 

Crease in abdomen after liposuction

+1

Not sure exactly what it looks like because the photos are dark.  It may be a combination of over resectionin some areas and not the others, as well as swelling.  Best to be seen in person.