Why Do I Still Have Constant Pain and Pulling from my Facelift Performed One Year Ago? What is my Best Option for Help?

I think some plastic surgeons need to rethink their techniques. If it can cause even one patient daily pain after one full year they need to conduct surveys and research to find out why it happened and the best way to treat it. Where are support groups for people in pain from cosmetic surgery? I need help.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Facelift Pain

+1

Chronic Pain after a facelift is a very uncommon long term finding.  It has been reported but is quite rare.  Nonetheless, this fact does not diminish your suffering.  I would recommend consulting with a pain managment specialist to determine if there are other potential causes of your pain and recommended solutions. Best wishes on your recovery.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

LIngering Pain One Year After Facelift?

+1

Have you addressed this concern to the surgeon who performed your facelift?  Follow-up appointments are meant for you to voice these things because it is individual time specifically set-up for you and your surgeon. Any pain caused by a facelift procedure should subside within a matter of a few weeks so I recommend that if you are still experiencing pain to schedule a follow up with your surgeon so they can investigate the problem. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chronic Pain After a Facelift

+1

It is understandable that you may think that Plastic Surgeons haven't studied your problem in that there are no published studies and really no definitive answer we can give you. This is because your problem is exceedingly rare in Plastic Surgery. For instance, I have seen your problem once in 25 years. Unfortunately, we rarely find a reason such as a deep stitch that can be addressed yielding a cure. I suspect you may find solice in a "pain" clinic where a combination of massage, medication, pain blocks, acupuncture and councelling is available.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Facial pain one year after facelift is almost unheard of.

+1

I have no idea what you are suffering from but you clearly need the second opinion about the source of your pain. Facelifts in general are not painful procedures.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,23-atlanta-facelift.htm

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Sorry to hear about your pain. A tight scar near a sensory nerve can do this and will have a pinpoint area of tenderness. Go back to your surgeon and discuss this. Otherwise, seek an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Pain after Face Lift

+1

Thank you for your question about constant pain and fully after your face lift.

• Meet with your surgeon and another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Map out exactly where the pain and pulling, 
  • You may have excess scar in the skin or deeper,  
  • popular mini-face lift suture suspension seems to cause more pain and pulling. Re-operation on skin and to remove retained sutures may help, 
  • I am truly sorry about your experience. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Facelift pain

+1

This is an uncommon course following facelift and most likely does not have a surgical solution. I would recommend starting with a physical therapist that can utilize various modalities including ultrasound, massage and other non-invasive strategies to help alleviate your symptoms. I would ask your surgeon to make a recommendation if he/she has a relationship with a therapist skilled at managing post-operative patients. Good luck.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Facial Pain and Facelift

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty.  Facelift techniques are generally predictable and safe in the hands of PS or FPS with formal training board certification and experience but even in those hands some outcomes fall short.  I would sit and discuss this openly with your surgeon to devise strategies to improve your situation.  One such strategy would be to illicit the help of a pain management specialist (anesthesiologist) to provide recommendations for management of this long term pain. I hope this helps and best wishes.

Dr. ES

Facelifts and prolonged pain.

+1

In 38 years of facelifting I have never had a patient with prolonged pain. You need to see your surgeon or get a second opinion to determine cause and treatment.