Still Have a Bump After Rhinoplasty?

I had a bump on the top of my nose shaved down as well as the sides. Im now 3 weeks post op and there is still a bump on the top and a little on the sides, but it is squishy (with a bit of pressure it goes down) is this swelling? and the excess skin? when will the skin tighten around my nose and is there anything I could do to encourage healing a tad bit faster?

Still have a bump after rhinoplasty?

+1

After 3 weeks, you will still be significantly swollen. Based on your description, swelling is the issue and you will need some time to heal. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. The nose will continue to change and improve over time. The swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and whether or not the procedure was a revision. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time.  In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns with your surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Swelling

+1

If the area improves with pressure, this is likely swelling.  At 3 weeks, the swelling should still be present.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA     

Bump on Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

At three weeks following your procedure the bump is most likely swelling especially since you can squeeze out the swelling and create improvement.  Time is definitely your friend and I would urge you to have patience as the process evolves.

Michael Sundine, MD

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 weeks after a Rhinoplasty you definitely have swelling and a bump that you can "push out" confirms that.  It can take 3 months for swelling from the bridge of the nose to recede although the nose can continue to change for a year. Give it time.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump squishy after rhinoplasty

+1

You may be indeed experiencing swelling if as you say the bumps go down when you push on them.  Good luck.