Still Not Breathing Comfortably Almost 2 Months Post-op Rhinoplasty?

its been 2 months and icant breathe through my nose comfortably. I find if i clean it out COMPLETELY (Which takes FOREVER) then i can kind of breathe through it comfortably but this never lasts long since in a few hours its stuffed up again. and the mucus in my nose is clear but very sticky which makes it hard to completely clear out. is this normal? ive read on many websites that you should be breathng properly by 2 months for sure, but that doesnt seem to be the case with me.

Not Breathing Comfortably After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Well everyone is different so it may just be that you personally still have a lot of congestion and swelling. Best thing is to see your surgeon and have them look inside to make sure nothing else is going on anatomically. Patients can be very stuffy for months.

Airway obstruction after a rhinoplasty

+1

The nose can be extremely sensitive after a rhinoplasty and it takes some time for the interanl swelling to subside.  You may want to check with your plastic surgeon for any further advice.  

Breathing after rhinoplasty

+1

First, the feeling of adequate breathing through ones nose is variable and there are many things that can contribute to the sensation of difficulty breathing. One is swelling after surgery, which is very common.

Breathing after rhinoplasty

+1

Some patients take longer than others during the healing process. If you have any concerns see you Dr so he can examine you to reassure you everything is fine. Congrats on the surgery. Enjoy

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Breathing after rhinoplasty

+1

A normal airway is present after six to eight weeks after rhinoplasty. For a few, it just might take a bit longer. Your surgeon could take a look as well to reassure you.

Post Rhinoplasty Nasal Obstruction occurs in 10-15% of patients on average

+1

You should have your final airway result by about 6-8 weeks after rhinoplasty. The swelling everyone talks about is confined almost exclusively to the skin and outside tissues of the nose, but the inside heals reasonably quickly. That being said, it is not unusual for individuals to continue saline irrigations or sprays for even 3-4 months after rhinoplasty simply because they feel better when they do it. This is what I'd recommend:  Continue aggressive saline sprays 2-3 puffs each nostril every 2-3 hours and return to see your doctor for an exam. Hopefully, you'll get a bit better. But by now, you are probably getting a reasonable sense of how you will breathe permanently. Your surgeon will know if there is more he/she can do to help. 

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing should be almost back to normal two months after rhinoplasty.

+1

Even two months out from a rhinoplasty there is persistent swelling. However breathing should be substantially recovered. You should have your surgeon examine you nose to see if there is some other issue or some other potential treatment.