I still can't breathe from my left nostril 10 days after rhinoplasty, when will I be able to?

Had rhinoplasty to correct bump n deviated septum 10 days ago

Difficulty Breathing Post Rhinoplasty

+1
It takes 3 days for maximal swelling on the inside and outside of the nose. It takes a month for 50% of the swelling to resolve.

You may need to have your nose cleaned by your surgeon as a little dried mucous may create a breathing problem. Ask your surgeon if you can use a decongestant or nasal saline sprays. A humidifier in your bedroom may help overnight. Blowing your nose in a shower may help clear it. The steam from the shower tends to loosen up the mucous in the sinuses.

Consult your surgeon, trust the advice, and be patient.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1
You may still have swelling that is compromising the breathing.  This may be temporary.  Followup exam with your surgeon may be reasonable.

10 Days Post Op Rhinoplasty

+1
It takes weeks to months for all the swelling to disappear.  Have patience, and follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as recommended.  He will guide you to a complete recovery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD