Can I Still Get a Breast Augmentation if I Can Squeeze out Tiny Drops of Breastmilk Still?

I quit nursing over a month ago. I'm schedule for my mommy makeover in a few weeks ( so 2 months post nursing) but I notice I can still squeeze very small amounts of milk out if I try. My breasts are DEFINITELY back to pre pregnancy size,much smaller actually, and I don't think they can get any smaller to be honest! There is literally NOTHING left. This is my 3rd baby, and I know my boobs are done changing but many doctors say you have to b totally dry..I don't think im ToTALLY dry for over a year?!

Breast augmentation scheduled but still producing milk

+1

It's recommended that you wait 3-6 months after you stop nursing to have a breast augmentation.  If you are still producing milk and go ahead with your surgery, there is an increased risk of infection, which can lead to encapsulation which opens up an entirely new situation to correct.  Talk with your surgeon and go over your concerns and possible risks. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation After Breast Feeding

+1

Waiting 3 to 6 months is usually recommended to wait for Breast Surgery after nursing.  This is elective surgery, so reducing the risk of complications should be your priority.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

No specific guidelines as to when breast augmentation can be performed after breast feeding.

+1

Most plastic surgeons like to see the breast milk completely dried up before breast augmentation. This is primarily opinion and not necessarily supported by any clinical studies. I would yield to the recommendations of your chosen plastic surgeon.

Wait time after breast feeding for mommy makeover

+1

I would recommend you wait 3-6 months after breast feeding.   If you are still lactating, this could potentially increase your risk of implant infection or down the road, possibly capsular contracture.   Please communicate your concerns to your PS.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How Long to Wait After Breast Feeding Before Having an Augmentation?

+1

Most plastic surgeons would recommend that you wait at least 3 months after finishing breast feeding or even longer until you are no longer producing milk before proceeding with an elective breast surgery. The reason to wait is to diminish the risk of potential complications, including infection.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Most plastic surgeons will advise you to wait till you not producing any milk. Wait about six months. At that time your hormone level is back to normal and the breast have stabilized and dry. When you are still producing milk the hormonal levels are not back to normal and vessels are engorged and you are at a slightly higher risk for blood clots

Wait for augmentation six months after breast feeding

+1

One month after you stop breast feeding, your breast is still lactating, and might contain bacteria which can lead to capsular contracture. Stimulation of the breast from the implant and surgery can cause engorgement and collection of milk around the implant (galactocoel). Who wishes to take the chance, you or your surgeon? Why?

Breast Milk and Breast Augmentation

+1

Typically, I like to wait at least 3 months after finishing breast feeding to perform any kind of breast surgery (implants and/or lift).  The reason being that you can have a higher rate of infection if there are still signs of post-pregnancy breast engorgement.  I would consult with your surgeon as soon as possible because you are still producing a small amount of milk.  Especially with implants, you want to limit their exposure to bacteria as much as possible.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon