Should I Still Have a Little Black Stitch Sticking out at the Bottom of the Breast?

I am six weeks post op breast lift with anchor type incision. the black stitch is at the "T" under the breast. Should i pull it out or contacts my doctor?

T- Junction Stitch at 6 Weeks after Breast Lift

+1

The T- junction stitch can be removed by the plastic surgeon.  At six weeks, you are probably healed and the stitch can come out.

Remove Remaining Stitch?

+1

Always best for patients to have their plastic surgeons remove any residual sutures present.

Suture Issues after Breast surgery

+1

Definitely, do not pull the stitch out by yourself. This soon after surgery it would be difficult to know if this is a dissolvable suture or not. A black stitch is usually a nondissolvable type and may need to be removed. I would contact your surgeon's office since they will usually know what type of sutures they use with this type of surgery.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Black Stitch

+1

Most likely the black stitch is permanent Nylon suture which will need to be removed.  There is no hurry, but you should let your plastic surgeon's office know and they can arrange to take it out or give you instructions on how to take it out if you feel comfortable doing that.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast Feed After an Internal Breast Lift?

+1

Best advice: Call your doctor. He or she may tell you to try to take it out yourself if that works easily, or may want his staff to do it. Assuming this is a dissolving suture it may be that the recommendation is to leave it. 

Thanks, best wishes.