Is It Still Bad if It Doesnt Hurt?

I had breast implants (450 cc submuscular) put in 7 days ago and since day 1, I was surprised at how easy my recovery was. My incision was in my belly button. From day 3, I've been back to pretty much my regular life, with periodic rests when I feel like I need them. I have been lifting things like milk jugs to pour milk for my kids and stuff. Never any pain. Today I lifted a sleeping little 3 yr. old girl off the floor....no pain, just tight muscles. Is this bad.. will it mess up results?

No pain after breast aug

+5

Glad to hear that you have very little pain after a breast augmentation. Everybody heals differently, but a good percentage of mothers have the same almost pain free recovery.  Women who have kids tend to have less discomfort than their counterparts after an augmentation in my experience.   As long as you’re not pushing the limits you will not damage your long term results. Enjoy the time with your children.

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Easy Recovery After Breast Augmentation

+2

Congratulations on an easy recovery. However, if your surgeon has recommended you refrain from heavy lifting then this would be wise. Doctors dont make these recommendations to be troublesome - but to keep you out of harms way. Be careful or you might regret your early advancement.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

+2

Glad to hear that you are doing well.   Please don't get overconfident.  Follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative care instructions including activity limitations.  I generally advice no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Minimal pain after breast augmentation--concern about lifting.

+2

Thanks for your question. Every patient's has her own individual postoperative course and it is always next year from women who have such an easy recovery.

It is highly unlikely that she could have done any damage that will interfere with your ultimate outcome by lifting your child. The only sutures are quite remote from the implants, and the position of those implants within the pockets is limited by the technique used to create the pockets.

Good luck with the rest of her postoperative course. Docontinue to followup with your surgeon.

TUBA Belly Button Breast Augmentation Often Less Painful

+2

Great to hear you had such an easy time of your TUBA breast augmentation. In general your body will tell you if you have done something to cause problems. However I do recommend not lifting any thing heavy for 3-6 weeks.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS