I still have 10 lbs to lose after my second baby. Will losing weight and exercise fix my mommy tummy? (photo)

Tummy tuck?

Exercise is always a good idea before considering surgery

+1
Thank you for your question. I would never tell you not to exercise before considering surgery. You are doing it the right way.  As your photo is rather dark, I can't advise you whether or not you would be a candidate for surgery. If you decide to consider cosmetic surgery, be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I still have 10 lbs to lose after my second baby. Will losing weight and exercise fix my mommy tummy?

+1
Most likely not but do it anyway. You most likely will need a full Tummy Tuck operation. But lose that baby weight..... 

You look great dont need a tummy tuck

+1
You look wonderful after having a baby. I can see your abdominal muscles! Keep up the good work. If you continue exercising you should not need a tummy tuck.  Check the muscles around your belly button. If they are separated you may need a repair but only if it bothers you.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck after having children

+1
It's difficult to tell from the photo, but you appear to be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  You have a depression around your belly button which makes me think that your rectus muscles have spread apart from the pregnancies.  No amount of exercise will fix that.  A tummy tuck will not only remove the loose skin, it will also repair the damage done to the muscles to give you a flat abdomen once again.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Excercise vs Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your picture.  You do not appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck.  I would continue your current weight reduction program.  It seems to be working in your favor thus far.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
Thank you for the question and picture. Unfortunately, the photograph is somewhat dark making its evaluation somewhat difficult. Generally speaking, I think you are on the right track; best to achieve your long-term stable weight through diet and exercise prior to evaluating the appearance of your abdominal wall. Unfortunately, despite best efforts, the changes that occur after pregnancy may not be completely reversible through diet and exercise. Some women, despite best efforts with diet and exercise benefit from from tummy tuck surgery to re approximate the abdominal wall muscles  and remove the “excess” skin/adipose tissue present along the lower abdominal wall. Although difficult to evaluate in your photo graph, if an umbilical hernia is present, it can be repaired at the same time. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.