Steroids and Chemo Injection to Break Up Scar Tissue?

I had a neck sculpting on September 5th of this year. I went back to my doctor today because I noticed that I am more swollen now than I was 4 weeks ago. My doc said I had developed some scar tissue in my neck, so he injected me with mixture steroids and chemo to break up scar the scar tissue. Then they did some ultra sound at the site. I had never heard of the chemo/steroid mix, what is the success rate for this? Am I apt to keep developing more scar tissue? How long before it will go away?

Steroids to Soften Scar Tissue after Neck Sculpting

+1

Steroids may be injected to soften scar tissue after neck liposuction or neck lift, but time and massage work as well.

Best to be very cautious with neck lift scarring.

+1

Hi.

I think I already answered you.  If too much fat was removed, then the skin gets stuck to the underlying platysma muscle.  You may need fat injections.  I would do nothing for several months and get other opinions.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)