Steroid Shots for Hump After Rhinoplasty?

I recently got rhinoplasty (revision) and before, I did not have a hump on my nose. Now it is over 2 weeks and the swelling has gone down and to my fear the hump shows even more!! My doctor told me not to worry that a few steroid shots show do the trick, should I believe him?

Steroid injections to bridge

+1

Steroid injections do help reduce swelling and scar tissue of the lower bridge - they will not however reduce humps related to bone or cartilage

Steroid Shots for Nasal Hump

+1

Normal, temporary localized swelling 2 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery may look like a hump. if this does not resolve in the near future, some surgeons use steroid injections  to reduce the swelling. You should "believe" the surgeon you trusted to operate on your face.

Steroid injections in your nose may halp reduce swelling after revision rhinoplasty surgery.

+1

If the "hump" on your nose is due to swelling after your revision rhinoplasty, then it may reduce after a steroid injectection. I like to use Kenalog-10 for this particular application. Steroid injections may produce beneficial results in only a few days after administration.

If you're concerned whether or not to trust your surgeon, you should get an opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon