Will Steroid Injections Help with Crooked Nose/pollybeak? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 2 months ago to narrow a wide bridge, rotate my slightly upturned nose, and refine a bulbous tip. I'm Caucasian but have very thick nasal skin. When the swelling started to subside, I began to notice what looked like a pollybeak deformity. I was given two small steroid injections five weeks apart and the "pollybeak" has gone down a little since the first injection but is still there. However, my nose is clearly asymmetrical. Is this just swelling? Will steroid injections help?

Steroids

+1

Further steroids now are not advisable. You should now wait 6-12 months and let time take its course then consider a revision to trim more tissue in the supratip area or raise the upper bridge

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Steroids can help with pollybeak

+1

Steroids can help with pollybeak deformity, if some of the cause of this is scar tissue. 

If the cause of the pollybeak is septal cartilage, then steroid shots are ineffective. I would recommend that you address this with your surgeon. 

Dr. Zoumalan

Post rhinoplasty

+1

You do appear to have a pollybeak deformity.  I would not do more steriods at this time.  You can damage the skin and soft tissues with this and not correct the underlying problem.  You may need a revision in the future to remove more cartilage to correct the pollybeak.  Steriods will not fix that.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Steroid injections are occasionally indicated for postoperative swelling after rhinoplasty.

+1

Steroids can easily be overused but in your particular case might be some benefit. The final decision is of course up to your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.ht