Would a steroid injection help to remove fat transfer injection from the face?

It's been 3 yrs & I have a ridge of fat sitting underneath the hollow of my eyes and a lump under on eye. It was originally put in the top part of my cheeks but has moved.

Constant compression alternative

+2
Steroids will do nothing after 3 years as the fat has developed a blood flow. It

would be resistant to the steroids. I would recommend constant compression

or direct excision and removal. Far too often, surgeons consider reoperating

as their failure in the first procedure. However, waiting to do so creates more

issues. You should definitely obtain a second opinion from a plastic surgeon who

is an expert in structural fat grafting. A doctor near you can be found through

the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Fat grafting, especially

around the face is an art and should be done by an expert.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fat nodule

+2
You could try having some steroid injected into the nodule.  Another good option is using Ulthera over the nodule.  The deep ultrasound heat will help to break up and shrink the nodule.  The results are variable, but worth a try.  If these fail, you can have the nodule surgically excised.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Ridge

+1
Consider steroid injections or stab incision with fat removal.  I would consider going back to the same physician and asking for his help/advice or seeking another cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in using fat for injections.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.