Will a Steroid Injection Help my Nose? Looking for a Second Opinion. (photo)

My PS keeps messing up my nose and offering to do it again at no cost. The results have shown improvement, but I still have a supratip and 2 depressions on both sides of my dorsum. The skin above the tip feels soft and squishy, like extra skin, perhaps scar tissue, but the PS told me it's cartilage when I asked about steroid injections. He wants to operate again but I truly believe it can be fixed with a steroid, as I can easily push it down as shown in the pic.Should I get a 2nd opinion?

Will a Steroid Injection Help my Nose? Looking for a Second Opinion.

+1

Looking for a second opinion via the internet not a good plan. Seek IN PERSON second opinions. I would avoid any steroid injections at this time.//

+1

I do not recommend steroid injections, and I would have to examine you to determine what I would further recommend in your case.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Steroid injections after rhinoplasty

+1

Generally, steroid injections are only helpful during the first few months after surgery. They help swelling to go down faster and can help prevent scar tissue. The side effects of steroids can include skin-thinning and depressions. I would be careful with them given the depressions that you already have. 

If you are not happy with your result, it sometimes helps to have a second opinion to see if there is anything else that can be done.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon