How Much Do Steroid Injections for Keloid Removal Cost?

I live in Orlando, FL and I have a keloid on my earlobe thats not that big. How much do the steroid injections cost?

Cost of steroid injections

+1
Some insurance plans will cover the cost of intralesional steroid injections. If not covered, the cost may vary between $50 to several hundred dollars. You should also be aware of the fact that it may take several treatments to reach a desired outcome. Also, there are potential risks of localized steroid injections which include but are not limited to thinning of the skin, discoloration, and prominent blood vessels. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Cost of Keloid Scar Injection with Kenalog

+1

The Cost of Keloid Scar Injection with Kenalog ranges from $75 for smaller scars to several hundred dollars for scars expanding over larger surface areas. Once scars are made smoother, softer, using fractional laser resurfacing devices may further improve their appearance. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Steroid Injections for Keloid Removal Cost

+1

Kenalog injections to treat keloids can be effective. The charge will vary across the country, and typically are $100 to a couple of hundred. Depending on your insurance, it also may be a reimbursable procedure.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Health Insurance Covers This Procedure

+1

If you have health insurance, many times this is a covered service.  Silicone sheeting, Scar Guard and massage can all be beneficial.  The key is to begin treatment as soon as possible after the keloid has formed.  After 18 months, nothing works great.  If the keloids are very large or recurrent, I will resect them and have the patient get radiation therapy immediately after the surgical excision.  I would advise you see a board certified dermatologist in your area.

Jay S. Gottlieb, DO
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologist

Scar Revision and Keloid Treatment

+1

Keloid scars can be improved with Kenalog injection. The cost of Kenalog injection depends on the volume of medicine used and the concentration of Kenalog. It can vary from $50 dollars to as much as several hundred dollars per injection. The most important factor that you should be aware of is that one injection of Kenalog rarely eradicates a scar.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS