Steroid Injection After 5 Months of Rhinoplasty OR a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 5 months ago. I was suffering from a wide nose when I smile. I was happy with the result after removing the cast. Now it is getting bigger and longer. I live in another country so I can reach my surgeon either by email or phone. He advised that I should have steroid injection coz my nose is thick and droopy. Can I have the steroid now- or the whole nose needs a revision rhinoplasty and when can I have it? I am really so depressed as it looks worse than before

Steroids after rhinoplasty

Thank you for this question. Steroids after rhinoplasty might decrease certain areas but after only 5 months I would suggest waiting and discussing it with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Soft tissues have a tendency to shrink down on their own after time. If you've waited a while a revision could be considered. Be patient and good luck!

Steorid versus Revision

Steroid injection may help the supratip fullness (area just before the tip of the nose).  It will not help correct a droopy tip.  Depending on your goals or expectations you may need a revision.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon