Steroid Injection After 5 Months of Rhinoplasty OR a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 5 months ago. I was suffering from a wide nose when I smile. I was happy with the result after removing the cast. Now it is getting bigger and longer. I live in another country so I can reach my surgeon either by email or phone. He advised that I should have steroid injection coz my nose is thick and droopy. Can I have the steroid now- or the whole nose needs a revision rhinoplasty and when can I have it? I am really so depressed as it looks worse than before

Steroids after rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for this question. Steroids after rhinoplasty might decrease certain areas but after only 5 months I would suggest waiting and discussing it with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Soft tissues have a tendency to shrink down on their own after time. If you've waited a while a revision could be considered. Be patient and good luck!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Steorid versus Revision

+2

Steroid injection may help the supratip fullness (area just before the tip of the nose).  It will not help correct a droopy tip.  Depending on your goals or expectations you may need a revision.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon