Steroid Injection After Cheek Implants?

im a male and in september i have cheek augmenation to give me a more chiselled look. i have found that although i do like my implants i find that it made the area just above the nasiolable folds more puffier even though they were placed higher on the cheekbone. my doctor suggested he can inject a steroid into this area to take the "puffy" look away. will this make the implants look better and my contours more defined? will it also hurt?

Injections for cheek shrinkage

Shots in the cheeks should be no more painfull than a dental injection. However if you get shrinkage of the injected area, the result would not be pernanent.  

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon