Steroid Injections for Raised Scar?

I had permanent make-up injected into a scar on my cheek to give it some color. It was a disaster. It was too dark and in the wrong spot. So, I've been getting laser treatments to remove it. The scar was flat at the beginning of the laser treatments, and after a year of treatments, it is slightly raised.

Can a steroid/cortisone injection help decrease it or will it make it sink in and be like a chicken pock scar indented?

Dilute intralesional steroids for gradual scar flattening

+1

A dilute injection of triamcinolone will flatten the scar a little bit per session.  The effect is proportional to the dosage.  One or two sessions of this diluted product, at monthly intervals,  should be adequate.

San Antonio Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.