Need Steriod Injections in my Nose Following Primary Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had my surgery done in Mexico so I cant follow up with my plastic surgeon I been having trouble getting a plastic surgeon to look at my nose because they didnt do the surgery. Im looking for a doctor who can help me, I really want to get injections to help with the swelling.

Coticosteroid Injections After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Sparkling26,

Corticosteroid (Kenalog) injections are not that effective if you are close to a year post surgery.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with a surgeon who has extensive experience in revisions as they are more delicate than primary rhinoplasties.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your questions.

Dr. Sajjadian

Postoperative kenalog injections after rhinoplasty

+1

Kenalog or steroid injections may help with the swelling if judiciously placed in the right concentration and right area. That being said if too much is injected depression of the skin can result or some skin atrophy. I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon in your area for follow-up knowing there may be some charges involved. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need steroids after rhinoplasty

+1

Whether you could use an injection of steroid depends on how long ago your surgery was. Steroids can be helpful after rhinoplasty in certain situations, especially in cases where it looks like scar tissue is forming.

Visit with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area to see if it looks like a steroid injection would be helpful.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Mexico Rhino

+1

I am very sorry that you are having trouble with your rhinoplasty.  All of the details are best spent consulting an American Cosmetic Surgeon.  In the USA you will find help by contacting the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steriod Injections in my Nose Following Primary Rhinoplast

+1

Steroid injections in the nose are most effective when done soon after the procedure and is only to reduce the scar formation particularly in patients with thick nasal skin. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon