Steriod Injections for International Post Op Rhinoplasty Swelling?

I had my surgery out of the country so it is not easy to be in close contact with my surgeon. He did infact do a good job, but the swelling in the tip bothers me I would like to speed up the recovery time by receiving a kenalog or cortizone injection. I live in Arizona and every office I have spoken to out here will not touch me since "they did not do the procedure". I do not have medical insurance so all transactions will be paid in cash. Any help would be appreciated & I am willing to travel.

+1

Steriod Injections for International Post Op Rhinoplasty Swelling?  Ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for a note stating you're looking for a US plastic and cosmetic surgeon to do possible kenalog injections and then take that to some Rhinoplasty surgeons near you.

Steroid Injections for Post-op Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

As suggested by other physicians, ask your surgeon for referrals to colleagues here in the Unitted States to assist with your post-op care.

Out of country surgery

+1

The best thing for you to do is contact your surgeon and see if he/she has any relationships with colleagues in your area that he could contact to assist you. Most physicians are otherwise understandably hesitant to intervene in someone else's work since they really don't know what was done for you and if what you are asking for is the correct treatment.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best thing would be to wait.

+1
Cortisone injections have side effects and not indicated for just swelling. The indication for the steroid injection is scar tissue. Be patient and if the issue is swelling, it will resolve by itself.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon