I'm 5'7", 140 pounds, and I wear a 34B bra. Will 339cc implants give me a full C cup?

I'm 5' 7" , 140 pounds and I wear a 34B bra but could probably be considered an A cup as well. Will 339cc implants give me a full C cup? I also have a small rib cage.

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.339 cc implants will take you up 3 cup sizes to size DD.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will 339 cc breast implants create a C cup

+1
If you currently fit your B cup bra then a 339 cc breast implant will certainly increase your cup size in that particular make and brand of bra to a full C cup.

However to understand that different bra manufacturers label the same cup size differently.

It is much more important for you to try to achieve the look that you want to have.  This is best done during your plastic surgery consultation with a breast implant sizing system evaluation can be done.  During this different sized implants will be placed into a non-padded bra so that you can see how you will look with each size.

For more formation on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Will this implant give me a C cup

+1
Thank you for your question. The choice of implant size is one of the most anxiety producing aspects of breast augmentation. There is no exact formula to determine a postoperative cup size based on implant volume used. As a rule of thumb, roughly 200 mL equates to an increase in cup size by one size. However, this is not always the case.
There is no standardization of cup size among bra manufacturers. In addition, all women wear their bras in different ways. This makes it difficult to promise of postoperative cup size exactly. A three dimensional approach to implant selection typically gives a natural and consistent result. The width of the implant needs to match the with of your breast and chest. The projection can then be selected based on the look that you're hoping to obtain.
Without examining you, I would suspect that the 339 cc implant would bring you into the c cup range. However c cups can range greatly, with a significant difference between a small C and a full C present. If you are at all concerned with your implant selection, I would suggest discussing this thoroughly with your plastic surgeon prior to your presentation.  In my Albany New York practice, I use a sizing system that allows patients to get an idea of what the result will look like. Your surgeon may have something comparable.

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Probably a mid to full C cup

+1
Most patients your height and weight will go from a mid B to mid to full size C cup with 339 cc. This is of course an average and it mainly depends on your current B cup size.

In general, 200-250 cc for someone of your stature would increase your cup size 1 cup. So your are in the right range for 1 1/2 size cup increase.

3D imaging with the Vectra is what we use to show your projected results.

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Implants and cup size

+1
It is impossible to tell you what implant volume and shape would be appropriate without an exam in person. There are many factors determining the right size for you.

Will 339cc implants give me a full C cup?

+1
Thanks very much for your enquiry. It would be difficult to say whether 339cc implants will give you a full C cup without seeing you in person and measuring you.

However, the most common size of breast implant is approximately 330cc and in the average person with average physique it will give you a C-D cup.

Here at Aurora Clinics, what we normally do is try a variety of sizes and shapes of implants in a specially made bra prior to surgery so you get the best possible idea of the likely result of surgery.

This helps give you the bust shape and size that you are looking for and makes sure you are as happy as possible following surgery.

It might be worthwhile seeing a couple of surgeons to see which size implants they would recommend to give you a fuller picture of the best way forward for you. I hope this information has helped and if you do decide to go ahead with surgery that it all goes well.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate correlation between size of breast implant and cup size achieved. I ask my patients not to communicate their goals or evaluate the outcome after breast augmentation surgery, in terms of achieving specific cup size.  Cup sizes may vary from one bra manufacturer to another and are not at all a reliable “measure” of breast size.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "full C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, regardless of the specific cup size achieved.

It is really difficult answer your question without photographs.

+1
It is really difficult to answer your question about breast implant sizes without photographs.  There is an objective range for each individual when it comes to breast implant sizes.  You want just let him play is proportionate to the rest of your body and have a base diameter equal to the base diameter of your existing breast.  The breast implant doesn't look like a Breast informs the base of the breast pyramid.  In general for every 200 cc of implant size you go up about 1 cup size.  Your plastic surgeon will help you determine a breast implant size is optimal for you and meet your expectations and goals.

Need pictures please

+1
As the other docs have stated pictures are really needed. Implants now have different profiles so just a number not enough. Please seek out several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. 

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Most likely....

+1
Thank you for your question. However it is difficult to answer your question without any photos and measurements. Based on the information you have provided, a native B cup breasts will certainly go up to a full C cup with your mentioned implants. 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon