Whats the Next Step

Hi I m a 30 year old mother of 2 kids 8 n 7 yr old. Ive had numerous surgeries. Gall bladder removal, appendix removed, an ablasion , a hysterectomy, and 3 hernia repairs surgeries, and a a surgery that was suppose to correct some scared tissue...My stomach keeps getting bigger. Ive tried diets, eating right. I was told not to exercise, strain, or over work my tummy because the hernia would return. I want to get rid of my tummy "Where do I go from here"

Tummy issues

+1

After having multiple abdominal surgical procedures you may have a lot of scarring that may put you at increased risks doing a full tummy tuck.  An exam is key.

Numerous previous abdominal procedures

+1

Given the large number of abdominal procedures and the complex nature of your abdominal wall, I am not certain that there are many options for  you. If you are overweight, massive weight loss would be the first goal to reduce excessive tension on any repair.

Start with an exam by a reputable plastic surgeon

+1

From what you described, you should be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Your next step is to have a consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon.  He or she will take an in-depth medical history and examine you.  Frequently I like to have records of your other surgeries and specifically why you keep having hernias and how they were repaired.  It is not uncommon to find hernias at the time of an abdominoplasty.  Many plastic surgeons are also board certified general surgeons as well and can deal with these at the time of your abdominoplasty.  Others may want a general surgeon present to handle the hernia  at the time of your abdominoplasty.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tucks and Other Corrective Measures

+1

Since you are posting here about tummy problems, I am assuming that you have read about cosmetic plastic surgery for the abdomen, like tummy tucks. The best way to evaluate your options for what the next step may be is to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

This will allow you to get you questions answered in a more specific way, and it will allow your plastic surgeon to let you know what will work best for your body. If you do not have any recommendation from friends in your area, the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) and the ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) both offer "doctor finders" on their web sites. It is also important to ask your surgeon how many tummy tucks they perform, and see some before and after photos. You want to know as much as you can about your surgery and your surgeon before deciding to take the next step.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Next Step

+1

Sorry for all your issues. The "NEXT STEP" go see a boarded surgeon in your area to obtain an in person evaluation as to your options. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091