Can Stem Cells Fat Grafting Be Used for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Brazilian Buttock enhancement

+2

Fat transfer remains the best method available in cosmetic surgery for buttock enhancement. The fat we harvest by liposuction contains lots of stem cells and those cells probably play a major role in the final results and the longivity of the results. There is no quick easy and cost effective way to purify the fat to get only stem cells. One day we will.

Stem cell fat transfer for the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Whenever using traditional methods of fat grafting, stem cells naturally accompany the fat cells that are transferred. However, if you are asking if a pure transfer of fat can be accomplished, this is a more difficult and complex and costly process. IT requires isolating the SVF (stromal vascular fraction) via use of enzymes and centrifugation. Although used in experimental studies, I do not beleive it has been used for the BBL

Yes, stem cells can and are being used for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The fat we transfer is loaded with them. Although when we perform the Brazilian Butt Lift, we do not inject pure stem cells, they are definitely there and most likely act to enhance the results.

Fat is the number one source of stem cells today. There is a great deal of research taking place on this subject. I have performed the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure for over 12 years, and have hundreds of happy patients. I also work with a company that performs research on fat stem cells.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Can stem cells be used for my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

While I do a great many Brazilian Butt Lifts (please see my photos and other answers on the topic), and know that amazing results are possible in my hands as well as those of other skilled and experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, there is currently no practically available way to use PURIFIED stem cells for this purpose.

The harvest of stem cells, when used for treatment of disease, is done by drilling into your bone marrow (where they are plentiful), or by giving you a dose of a medication that causes the bone marrow to release them into your blood vessels, where they can be collected with specialized equipment by drawing your blood- and then returning your blood to you after removing the stem cells. This specialized equipment is not readily available and the process is very expensive- most patients would find it prohibitive for an out of pocket aesthetic procedure. When it HAS been done, the stem cells were used to treat an illness- their use in aesthetic surgery is still experimental and in its infancy.

I'm not sure there would be much benefit to you from this in the first place, as the fat we DO use is already an excellent source of stem cells, and in the sense that after graft take it looks and feels just like your butt did when you were young and it was firmer, with a more pleasing volume and shape. I can think of no better graft material than a patient's own tissues....

With good Brazilian Butt Lifting technique, you ARE getting some of your own stem cells anyway- just not the concentrated dose I think you're asking about..

Armando Soto, MD, FACS