Steam Vein Sclerosis for Prominent Blue Temple Vein?

I have been searching for the best option for to treat a Prominent Blue Temple Vein and I have been told it can be treated with Steam Vein Sclerosis? How good is this treatment and what are the risks? Is it better or safer than liquid sclerotherapy?

SVA - Steam Vein Ablation is Still Experimental

+2
SVA is experimental and has been studied except in larger veins in published articles (very few) and can be read on Medline if you are interested in reading the abstracts published in the European Journal of Vascular Surgery. I do not recommend SVA versus EVLT, ClariVein or VNUS Closure AT THIS TIME. Also, not been tested for temple veins. Best treatment now for temple veins is microphlebectomy.

Web reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23835108

Buffalo General Surgeon

New Technique.

+2

Steam vein sclerosis is a relatively new endovenous technique for treating tortuous varicose veins. It involves inserting a catheter into a vein through which steam is instilled. The veins need to be of certain size to accept the catheter. I am not aware of this technique being used on temporal veins. It seems as if it would be easier to simply inject the veins.

Naples General Surgeon