Is It Better to Stay Active, or Stay Laying Down and Sitting After Getting Smart Lipo?

I just had smart lipo for my neck, I wanted to know if i can stay lightly active or if it's better to just stay put. what are some of the ways i can speed up my recovery and swelling? thank you.

Exercise restrictions following SmartLipo

+1

There is a great variation in post-operative recommendations following SmartLipo depending on your surgeon. In my experience, patients who have SmartLipo of the neck do very well with the following protocol: compression garment and limited exercise for 48 hours, followed by normal activity for one week prior to resuming aerobic activity.  Rarely do I use compression garments after 48 following SmartLipo of the neck, however,  for other areas, such as abdomen or  thighs, I typically advise compression during the day to control swelling for 4-6 weeks.  It is always best to follow your own surgeon's recommendations for your specific situation.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Exercise speeds healing after smartlipo liposuction

+1

Patients heal faster and feel better if they begin low impact aerobics the morning after smartlipo liposuction. On the 4 th day after liposuction most patients can resume weight-lifting.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Liposuction

+1

Patients need to stay moderately active after the procedure to avoid getting clots in the legs.  I would not encourage exertional acitvity for at least a few weeks.,

Recovery after liposuction

+1

Every surgeon may have different post-operative instructions. You have chosen your surgeon and therefore have trusted them with doing your surgery. As they know best what they did, and how your surgery went you should ask them these questions. Usually in the first few days after any liposuction, you do not want to cause bleeding by exerting yourself or create too much swelling either. Compression garments may be recommended. Check with your sugeon what your specific restrictions are.

Ronald Shelton, MD